is to provide opportunities to grow, promote and play pickleball for our membership, which is comprised of all ages, abilities and skill levels. We strive to encourage inclusivity, tolerance, respect and good sportsmanship both on and off the courts, with zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour.
As a member of the ETPA, you are agreeing to:
• Treat all fellow members, guests, visitors and dignitaries with respect regardless of body type, physical characteristics, athletic ability, age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex, and sexual orientation.
• Harassment of any kind including verbal, physical or emotional is prohibited. Comments or criticism should be directed appropriately and public criticism of players, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers, employees, or members will not be tolerated-including profanity, inappropriate language, bullying or intimidation.
• Exercise due care with all facilities and equipment in use.
• Act ethically and honestly and, where appropriate, interject to correct or prevent discriminatory practices.
• Treat all Association and Membership information with confidentiality.
Members of the Board (Directors) are also required to:
• Perform all duties with honesty, integrity and professionally, making sure to be impartial and objective in all circumstances. Respect the confidentiality of membership and sensitive issues.
• Represent the best interest of the Association openly, lawfully and in good faith.
• Declare any potential conflicts of interest.
• Not make any public statements on behalf of the association without full agreement of the Board.
• Act in a fiscally responsible manner in all Association decisions.
Any complaints against a member of the Association (or visitors/guests) who you believe have violated the Code of Conduct, should be directed by email to the President email@example.com. The complaint will be investigated, discussed with the Board and dealt with appropriately by either:
• Full Termination
Image Permission Release: I grant permission to the ETPA to photograph and/or record my image and/or voice and to use this material to promote the EPA through social media, newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print and/or displays. I understand that I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes.
Health Declaration: I consider myself physically able to participate in Pickleball and will assume all risks associated with playing Pickleball. My doctor has recommended such physical activity.
Medical Authorization: I accept responsibility for my own medical coverage. I give permission to staff and volunteers with the City of Toronto or ETPA to arrange for any emergency care including hospitalization and transportation if necessary, and I agree to pay for all expenses and costs incurred thereby.
Waiver of Liability: I release and waive all claims and hold harmless ETPA, the City of Toronto, as well as any venue where ETPA might hold an event, including their elected officials, officers, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers and any other participants, for any liability, property damage or personal injury resulting to me.
Disclosure Statement: I agree that my personal information may be shared within ETPA and to the City of Toronto as per City directives without further consent. My information is considered confidential, and I understand that ETPA will take all reasonable steps to respect and protect the privacy of my information in accordance with the 10 privacy principles outlined in the Pipeda Act. These are accountability, identifying purposes, consent, limiting collection, limiting use, disclosure and retention, accuracy, safeguards, openness, individual access, and challenging compliance. I have read and understand the image permission release, health declaration, medical authorization, waiver of liability and disclosure statement. I also acknowledge having read the ETPA Code of Conduct.
Copyright © 2023 East Toronto Pickleball Association - All Rights Reserved